Pet Boarding in Acworth, GA
Trust our professional and friendly team to take great care of your pet during your next trip.
At Brookstone Animal Hospital, we’re proud to offer outstanding boarding services for your beloved pet in addition to comprehensive veterinary care. We offer boarding for dogs, cats and exotics. We have an experienced, attentive and loving boarding staff. A veterinarian is available on-site during business hours and on-call at all times in case of emergency.
We know that each pet is unique, and our veterinary professionals will make every effort to accommodate your pet’s needs and ensure they are safe, happy, and cared for during their stay.
Pet Boarding at Brookstone Animal Hospital
Your pet’s comfort and well-being are our top priorities. Our dedicated staff uses their knowledge of animal care to keep your pet healthy and happy during their stay.
We have both indoor and outdoor play areas and you may request additional playtime/walks for your pet while it is boarding with us. We are also able to accommodate pets with special medical needs.
We offer separate boarding facilities for cats and dogs so our feline friends can have a little peace and quiet during their stay.
About Our Pet Boarding Facilities
We take great pride in maintaining a clean and comfortable facility for your pet.
Our boarding area is temperature-controlled and spacious, and your pet receives frequent care and attention from our friendly, compassionate staff.
Should any medical problems arise during your pet’s stay, you can have peace of mind that our veterinarians will make sure they are treated appropriately.
All dogs receive a complimentary bath after five nights of boarding (except during holiday weeks and school break weeks). Boarding is charged per night.
Animal Boarding Requirements
All boarding guests must be up-to-date on vaccinations.
We require dogs to be up-to-date on:
- Canine Distemper/Parvovirus
- Bordetella (Kennel Cough) (required every 6 months)
We require cats to be up-to-date on:
- Feline Distemper
All pets must have a negative fecal test within the last six months and be current on flea prevention. If your pet has not received a flea preventative prior to their boarding visit, you can purchase it from the clinic, and we will administer it during their stay.
Reservations are preferred, especially during holidays, but we can generally accommodate last-minute or emergency boarding needs.
Our boarding facility is open for drop-off and pick-up whenever the office is open.
What to Bring
- Your pet’s vaccinations records (if they were vaccinated at a veterinary hospital other than Brookstone Animal Hospital)
- Your pet’s food. Most animals do better without changes to their diet. However, if you forget your pet’s regular diet, we will provide high-quality food during your animal’s stay.
- Any medications your pet is currently taking (in the original containers if possible; if not, they must be labeled with the pet’s name and appropriate dosage)
- Optionally, you may also bring treats (if your pet has food allergies or is on a special diet), as well as a favorite chew toy* from home (*We are not responsible for damaged toys or bedding.)
What Not to Bring
We will provide all of the following:
- Food/water dishes
Why Board Your Pet at a Veterinary Practice?
- Medications are administered by trained veterinary staff.
- If there is an emergency or your pet needs immediate medical care, our veterinarians and medical team are onsite for a quick response.
- If your pet requires updated vaccinations before boarding, we can take care of those before your pet's scheduled boarding date. If possible, please allow two weeks between vaccination and boarding.
- We offer veterinary exams or other medical services needed during your pet’s stay.
We welcome your questions about our boarding facilities and policies and are eager to discuss how we can make your pet’s stay as positive as possible.
Let us answer all your questions and put your concerns to rest. Call today to learn about our accommodations and boarding policies or to schedule your pet’s stay.